What's new

All things related to the Xbox platforms

Off the E3 topic, but on the topic of changes. If you have some you want to see for the Xbox One, 360 or xbox.com, the Xbox Uservoice site is up for your feedback. Looks like you can only vote once, but also looks like you get a lot of votes.

http://xbox.uservoice.com/

 
I could've come up with more to say than Francis I think. Apparently Phil (Games, Games, Games) will be the new Ballmer (Developers, Developers, Developers)
 
We're reduced to getting excited about games with names like Cuphead? Don't get me wrong it may be a decent looking game(didn't bother to look at it since the name is gay) but I want my AAA titles too.
 
I'm with you @C Pav, still prefer mostly AAA titles. Cuphead did look interesting, only because of the 1930's style animation and looking like Looney Tunes. The longer trailer doesn't show a lot more, and I'm not clear on if it's a full platformer or just a bunch of boss fights.
 
I like the animation styling and reminding me of Looney Tunes. I'm still not sure if it is just a bunch of boss fights and whether I would like it or not. It does look amazing in sheer graphics terms though.

I've been trying to be more critical of game trailers and reviews lately... They show you what they want and are often not true representations of what the game is or will be when released.

 
I've been trying to be more critical of game trailers and reviews lately... They show you what they want and are often not true representations of what the game is or will be when released.
AMEN to this brother.

 
Boy, that does nothing for me. Everybody has different types of games they like though.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The biggest indie game I'm waiting for is Below. Another that has plenty of hype that I'm not 100% sold on until I see more of it.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Dat bitch is huge! :eek:

Sniper Elite 3 has a 10GB day one patch on Xbox One

Be prepared to download a 10GB day one patch for the retail version of Sniper Elite 3 for Xbox One. Rebellion's first-person shooter, out this week, carries a mandatory install of just shy of 20GB. That mandatory install was going to be be 21GB, but 14GB of it will be replaced by the day one patch.Rebellion told Eurogamer the patch makes various improvements to the game, and actually brings the whole game install size down to 19GB rather than 21GB.But why have such a huge day one patch in the first place? It seems it has to do with the way the Xbox One currently handles game updates.

Here's Rebellion's official explanation:

"The main part of the update is to sync data between the game's retail discs and the Xbox Live digital download edition of the game. In the several weeks between sending the code off to manufacture and release, rather than sit around or take a break, we've continued to work on the game, making improvements and optimisations. We've also begun work on multiplayer DLC and a small part of this update is to introduce a compatibility pack. This is standard for any game that adds DLC - it's just to make sure everyone can have the same multiplayer experience whether they own DLC or not."

And for those with a modest broadband internet connection, it'll take a while to download and thus play the game. Rebellion acknowledged this.

"While we understand gamers will be frustrated at the wait, the good news is that the update will actually reduce the size of the game's total install footprint on their hard drive, and reduce the size of future patches significantly. It's part of this ongoing optimisation process that's enabled Sniper Elite 3 to perform well at a native 1080p on both Xbox One and PS4. We appreciate everyone's patience and we firmly believe Sniper Elite 3 will be worth the wait!"

Day one patches will apply to the other versions - on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, but they will be much smaller, Rebellion said.
 
Dat bitch is huge! :eek: Sniper Elite 3 has a 10GB day one patch on Xbox One
Sounds like the new next gen feature for all games. Why make a complete working game at release. Just make a huge day one patch. This is the second game with this to happen with. Wolfenstein was the same.

 
Ya I think this is also a trend now too (which it shouldn't be). Not everyone has a large download speed. Or what happens if you don't have internet at all? Are you just sol?
 
Just read that the Ryse sequel has been cancelled.

Crytek, the developer behind Crysis and Xbox One launch game Ryse, is having trouble paying employees, and the company has been bleeding staff since March, according to people who work there.
 
Just read that the Ryse sequel has been cancelled.
I saw some headlines about Crytek having internal turmoil. Sad to see another development studio having these kinds of issues. I still see stuff about the one out east that did Kingdoms of Amular as apparently their bankruptcy still hasn't been settled.

 
Back
Top