What's new

Apple products and their iOS

I just can't get excited about wearing goggles for entertainment. Same went for the dumb 3D craze that had their minute in the sun. Just not for me. I know it is getting popular for kids though. The Meta Quest 2 are very hot around here and have been for several months.

 
First off, the main thing is the price on this, if you want to compete, I hate to say it you have to be around the $500 mark. This is way overpriced even for Apple fanboys. Also, my personal opinion is we just aren't there yet. 

By yet I mean until Nuralink starts getting produced we are still limited on what we can do with these devices. Eye tracking is ok. But brain tracking is where this tech will really shine.

Buck back to Apple, the price is what will make this product go nowhere.

 
It's just a matter of time before you get something in the $700-$1000 price point. It will happen. I would imagine this will turn out like the Apple watch, everyone laughs at launch and then the next thing you know it's bringing in 10% of their total revenue.

 
I don't know, the general consensus online is that it will be a flop especially at that price point. Why Apple usually makes good products and all, I don't think people are quite ready for this type of technology yet, and with this economy not at the price they are charging. I think Apple learned that lesson when they hit a price wall of what people were willing to spend on the iPhone. Some rich kids will buy it, tech companies will make review videos on it, and that's about it. It will be a niche piece of equipment that Apple will eventually drop in the future (my opinion). 

 
20 million Meta Quest units have been sold. You can bet that when Apple brings the price down on future consumer units, which will happen, they will sell a bunch. Lots of tech people seem to think the days of people carrying cell phones will be over in 10 years and going to more of this type of thing. Like I said, if they can sell them like they do the watch, it will be a nice source of income for them. Right now these units are mainly for developers and the wealthy. To laugh at this starting model is premature in my opinion. They are setting the stage for something bigger.

 
I saw Apple made an annoucement that a cheaper version is coming. I still say this never catches on.

 
I just wanted to take a moment and thank Apple for making the iPhone and iOS. My Mom has been using an Android and she recently got an older iPhone. So I saw that Apple has an app to transfer data from Android to iOS. Let me tell you I have never used such a piece of shit OS as an Android phone. All I need to do was access the Google play store, but you can do that without signing up for an account. You have to sign up for this account, and that account and another account. All I wanted to do was to just download an app! The OS kept constantly crashing as well. After an hour and a half I gave up.

I ended up getting her all setup. For those of you that may go through the same thing with a parent in the future. If they want their photos transferred from Android to iOS the best way I found was to plug in the phone to the computer and browse the device and then copy the photos to desktop, then you log into their Apple iCloud account and upload them all. It will sync them back over to the phone.

This experience gave me a new found appreciation to Apple and how they simplify things.
 
Anyone considering the new iPhone 15 when it comes out? I feel like phones have reached a point like CPUs where there is not much of a reason to upgrade and you can skip a few generations.
 
Anyone considering the new iPhone 15 when it comes out? I feel like phones have reached a point like CPUs where there is not much of a reason to upgrade and you can skip a few generations.
Will probably be due for new one when the 16 comes out next year.
 
Back
Top