What's new

Oil Prices, Energy Trends & What Comes Next

You'll want to trade that guzzler for a sipper when trucks bounce back to being popular.

On the radio, I heard a segment about how road deaths go up with cheap gas, or at least, go down as the price of gas increases, because drivers who are less expierenced are driving when gas is cheaper, because they can afford it.

 
Well... The price at the pump was $1.89 when I filled, but I had a $0.12 off coupon from the grocery store. Either way, the station that takes the coupons generally isn't as low as some others in town, so I'm guessing elsewhere it's probably around $1.79 - $1.85 in town
 
I always wondered why this oil-tar arm pit of a place is always the highest?
I think because so many vehicles are hauling/using gas and diesel. You would think we would be the lowest as some sort of break.
 
I mean that the lower oil prices are here to stay for awhile. I will say at least till end of summer, this guy is saying forever. The futures are also saying its not going up anytime soon either.
 
Maybe peak oil is bullshit. *shrug* I still say flooding the market with cheap oil is the only way OPEC can influence the world.
I mean that the lower oil prices are here to stay for awhile. I will say at least till end of summer, this guy is saying forever. The futures are also saying its not going up anytime soon either.
It will be interesting to see what happens to hybrid sales. Maybe they'll actually be affordable soon. Save your money from gas discounts to apply them on a hybrid when oil goes up again.
 
My company is putting down 3 of it's 7 rigs, so almost half. Four of our main drill site managers are going to Texas. It's happening, nothing is fair in War, Love, and Oil... Just a reminder how volatile the oil business is. Certainly this could be a short term dip, but then again you never know. Now I really wish I would have sold my house when I kept saying I should have.
 
Back
Top