What's new

All things related to the Xbox platforms

Rumors above are old news. MS has stated there will not be an Xbox One without the optical drive since that supposed "leak"
 
But I think they should. It's what you always wanted @@ndboarder isn't it? Just a download only machine?
I agree, I think it would be a good idea, but they've said it isn't planned.I wouldn't buy one though. What I wanted was the original vision, where the disk was just install media and not required to play a game. I wouldn't purchase, just because maybe some day I might borrow a disk based game from a friend, and with the original idea scrapped, I wouldn't be able to borrow those if I had a console without a disc drive. I think even if they bring digital sharing back, it would only be digital content, so thanks to the dumb masses that rejected the idea, disc based games are stuck requiring a disc drive to play or borrow from a friend for this generation.

 
So a little birdy told me that Target is giving a $50 gift certificate if you purchase a Xbox one.
 
So a little birdy told me that Target is giving a $50 gift certificate if you purchase a Xbox one.
A little birdie? Meaning what, you read the article? How about a free game at Walmart ($60 value I assume)?

 
Xbox One Titanfall bundle Not a special edition console, but for normal Xbox One price you get the console, a freakin' awesome game (Titanfall) and one month of gold membership. The Titanfall beta was pretty amazing, so I'm really looking forward to its release.
 
Xbox One price cut to £399 in the UK, includes free copy of Titanfall

Xbox One has been cut in price to £399.99 and will come with a copy of Titanfall.The price cut follows a tricky start for Microsoft's new console. The machine has sold ok since launch, but has been eclipsed by its rival – PlayStation 4.
The new Xbox One comes with Titanfall packaging, an Xbox One console, Kinect sensor, Xbox One wireless controller, headset, Xbox Live Gold and a copy of Titanfall.

It also comes alongside a series of service updates to the Xbox One, as Microsoft looks to improve its online service ahead of the launch of Titanfall.

The new bundle will be available to order at retailers from February 28th.
Link

 
The UK price cut makes sense to me, given that £399 is still well over the $499 price here in the states, given it's around $664 when converted with today's exchange rate.

In the US the bundle is a good deal for anyone waiting on the Xbox One, since essentially you are getting either:

1) the console for $430is with the $10-15 Gold membership month and the $60 most anticipated game, Titanfall

or

2) A great console for $499 with a month of gold and a free copy of the highly anticipated game

I guess you can look it either way, but in either case I guess it comes down to getting $570-580 worth of good stuff for $500

 
I was just going to go to Major Nelson to watch this, but there it is. The dashboard isn't really changing though, so I don't get why they called it that, but the Party/Friends is improved (I hear). I haven't done a lot with Party chat or online multiplayer with friends on the One. The few guys I play with online most are still on the 360, and all my friends that do have the Xbox One are more single player gamers, though I suspect this may change in a couple weeks when Titanfall hits the streets.
 
Microsoft 'can't offer retroactive refund' to Xbox One buyers upset by price cut

Microsoft has said that it's "hugely appreciative" of those who picked up an Xbox One at launch, but clarified that it "can't offer a retroactive refund" to those upset about this week's price cut.Speaking to OXM about the price drop, Xbox UK marketing director Harvey Eagle said that the company is "hugely appreciative of people that have supported us since launch. What I would say is that mainly the consoles that were bought in the run-up to launch did come with a game included, and this offer is timed to celebrate the launch of Titanfall.
"Unfortunately we can't offer a retroactive refund to people, but we thank them very much and we're hugely appreciative of them being on board since the beginning."

Microsoft announced earlier this week that Xbox One would be receiving a permanent price cut this Friday, dropping the price from £429.99 to £399.99. For a limited time, the console will also include a free digital copy of Titanfall or FIFA 14.

Understandably, though, the news upset some fans who paid full price for the console at launch.

"Currently waiting to get onto support," wrote VideoGamer.com user Karlius. "Complaining about being part of the xbox one beta and having paid £30 for the privilege. Lets see how this goes lol."
 
Why would they expect any refund? I get that the "whopping" £30 price drop is after only a few months, but really? It's not a huge discount and you had the console for that amount of time. People are pretty ridiculous if they don't know the cost of early adoption and choose to complain.
 
Seeing the Titanfall bundle coming out on March 11 may lead me to finally jump in and buy it. Wish the game was a physical copy but for free basically who can complain?
 
Back
Top